Naghsh E Jahan Square:
Naghsh E Jahan Square or Shah Square also known as Meidan E Emam after Iran revolutionary on 1978 is the central square of Esfahan and located at the heart of historical complex of Naghshe Jahan.
The square is surrounded by 4 historical constructions named Ali Qapu at the west side, shah Mosque at the south side, Sheikh Lotf Allah Mosque at the east side and Keisaria gate at the north side. Moreover 200 two-row stores located around the square which are commonly used for selling Isfahan’s handicrafts.
Naghshe E Jahan square is 160 meters wide and 560 meters long and is registered in UNESCO’s World Heritage Site in Jan.1935.
Si o Se Pol (33 bridges):
33 pol or Allah Verdi Kham bridge with 33 arches, 295 meters long and 14 meters wide has been constructed by Allah Verdi Khan, chancellor of Shah Abbas I, on Zayande River on shah Abbas Safavid king period .
It is a place for Ab Pashan ceremony of Armenian people and was considered as one of most famous construction of Safavid Design.
This bridge also was known as Shah Bridge and Baba Roknoldin Bridge. It was built by Shah Abbas II in Safavid period in 1060. There is one structure in the center of this bridge once used as a residential place for Shah Abbas II and his family. The remnant of this place currently is available on the bridge.
The arches of the bridge are decorated with the artistic tile works and paintings. This bridge is more famous than the other ones in Esfahan since architecture and artistic paintings. Khaju Bridge is 133 meters long and 12 meters wide and is called “khaju” since placed in khaju district.
Vank cathedral means holy savior cathedral placed on Jolfa district in Esfahan. It is one of the churches of Armenian people in Esfahan constructed on Shah Abbas II on Safavid period. Its construction has been started in 1655 and completed in 1664.
Its measurement is 8731SQm, of which 3857 SQm is the construction and the rest is garden. Armenian old cathedral is conical but Vank Cathedral is like Persian mosque’s dome in Safavid period.
Fire Temple of Isfahan:
The fire temple of Isfahan or fire Temple Mountain is one of the Iranian historical construction and archeological remembrances. This fire temple on west of Isfahan is located above a hill, near the river and is 8 km away from the city center. Religious applicability of this fire temple has been approved.
It is a historical monument in Isfahan covered Amo Abdollah Karladani ’s tomb. One of the notable features of this monument is that if one minaret shake, the other and the entire complex will shake too. It is notable to say that each minaret has 9 meters wide and 17meters long. Because of the ratio between the height and width of the minarets and the width of Iwan, if one minaret shakes the other starts to shake too.
Ali Ghapu (means great gate in Turkish) has been an entrance door to Safavid court. At first, it was a simple building but as the time passed especially at Abbasid period, some floors were added to it. During Shah Abbas II, a columned Iwan was added to this building. It was here that Shah Abbas entertained the ambassadors and, for the first time, celebrated the New Year. It is located at the west side of Naghsh-e-Jahan square, opposite to Sheikh Lotfallah Mosque. Ali Ghapu palace is 48 meters high and there are 6 floors connected by spiral staircases. What have made this palace a magnificent artwork from Safavid period are the miniatures worked by famous artist, Reza Abbasi, and moldings in the last floor of Alighapu Palace called “music hall” or “sound hall
Sheikh Lotfollah Mosque:
Sheikh Lotfallah mosque is one of the historical and famous mosques from Safavid period, standing in the eastern side of Naghsh-e-Jahan. This mosque is one of the architectural and tile work masterpieces which dates back to 18th century, built by Mohammadreza Esfahani. This religious place has been built by the order of Shah Abbas I for the glory of Sheikh Lotfollah. Its construction was started in 1602 and finished in 1619. In its construction, most qualified materials were used and best talented masters employed.
Upper façade of the interior part of the mosque is decorated by Haft Rangi tiles while the lower façade has been constructed by marbles. Calligraphy works by Alireza Abbasi enhanced the beauty of the construction.
Sheikh Lotfollah mosque is a famous sightseeing which attracts tourists from all over the world.